Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Guinness

I cannot mention love for any animal without mentioning Guinness. Guinness was my first pet. We had a cat once at my mom's house but didn't have it that long. Besides, I think I am just more of a dog person. We got Guinness from a shelter in Jersey. He was so adorable. He grabbed our attention the minute we went in and held it with him until we took him home with us. He's a beagle mix. Looks like a beagle but thinner. He did okay in the two apartments we had. He like to destroy thing so we learn to put our important stuff high up. We had to let him go when we moved to the house. The commute was much longer for us. The house had more people walking near then apartment and he would think we are coming home but get really frustrated that nobody is going to the house to play with him. He would then become more destructive then normal. It was to the point he would eat things to that hurts his digestive system. We had to give him up. We figure it was the right decision. Nothing would prepare how hard it was for us at the shelter. The minute they led Guinness away, I could not stop crying. I've never felt so bad in my life. I think if I could do it again, I would get rid of the house and find a living place closer to work to accomedate him. I miss him so much. I think I felt the first unconditional love from him.

I miss him so much...

No comments: